Whether you own a small business or medium or even giant one –in today’s world, you cannot deny the importance of promoting your brand on social media. Everyday, we share so many events of our lives like what we ate, how we are feeling about some specific topic, where we went and so on. Your business is a huge part of your life, and so is your business website. If the site is getting a new page or content added, you will definitely want people worldwide to know about it, wouldn’t you?
More than 80% B2B marketers are using various social media today, like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram etc. If you are not one of them and relying only on the offline or outsource marketing, you are way behind them in case of reaching target audiences and lead traffic to your website to increase the sale of products or services. Even after knowing how important social media promotion is for business, many people will still ask, “What social media marketing can offer to my business? Why should I invest time and money in that?” Well, these reasons might answer to all those questions.
- Posts on social media sites drive huge traffic towards the website. Common people regard these websites as social networks instead of marketing machines. Usually they ignore a typical ad post, but if you post something creative, they like it, share it, often click on the website link from the social page and that leads visitors to your website, in a big number.
- If you are using SEO for organic promotion on search engines, social ads will help to inform people about your business website that have detailed information about the products and services of your business. Along with a proper SEO strategy, these ads will drive traffic to optimised pages to rank high faster in search engine result pages or SERPs.
- The 21st century is truly the era of social media networks. Almost everyone is using one of such networks. Billions of people are spending millions of hours on different social media websites as common users or business purpose etc. So when your business ad goes online, that can reach to hundreds or thousands of people at a time, based on your target audience and location.
- Both paid and non-paid brand marketing strategies on social media are very much time effective than offline marketing. This is because in offline marketing you have be physically present at a certain place and you cannot be present at more than one place at a time. But once you create an ad in social media sites, it will keep searching itself for the audiences you are targeting at, even in those locations where you cannot reach or takes much time to reach.
- Social media promotion is an excellent cost-effective strategy, compared to the traditional ones. It is not only more targeted, but also focus on getting the most effective result in particular budget. Usually promotions in social media are done in daily or monthly basis, targeting a particular set of audience, which brings better result than any other advertisement media.
- Customisation is a basic nature of these social media ads. It allows you to target your audience based on location, industry, level of knowledge, age group, browsing history, pages they have like and so on. If needed, you can also retarget those people who visit your ad or website. Generally they transform into genuine customers.
- During promotional activities on social media platforms, you get to know customers whose existence was unknown to you, who might be in search of the products or services you sell. On the other hand, when you join a group or something like that in any social media platform, lots of customers who didn’t know about your existence can find you too.